Information about the data controller
The data controller (party responsible for your personal data), is Octopus Translations SRL, with VAT no. RO28428628, and head offices in Bucharest, 47J Oituz street, 075100, Otopeni-Ilfov, Romania, and is listed in the Bucharest Commercial Registry with the number J23/1691/2020. Hereinafter referred to as “OCTOPUS TRANSLATIONS”.
All employees and collaborators of Octopus Translations that may be directly or indirectly related to the storage and transfer of data are required by law to respect data privacy. Octopus Translations guarantees data privacy of all visitors of the site to any third party, whether it is a company or a public institution, except only where required by law.
Confidentiality conditions may be modified at any moment, without previous notification. Please read carefully these conditions before using the website of Octopus Translations.
Octopus Translations is committed to protect various types of information of all visitors of the site. “Visitors” means both people that access the site for its informational content, our clients, partners and the translators that collaborate with our company. Given these conditions of confidentiality, Octopus Translations details the reasons, methods applied to collect and to protect customer data. Regarding the type of information, there are two categories of data:
- Non-personal data are those types of information which are not personal. This includes: browser type, domain and IP address, pages visited, date and time, key words searched. These details are automatically stored on the site and used strictly to improve the site and the way we communicate with our audience: we organize the information to make it more useful, we create reports, we provide our visitors with the materials they need.
- Personal data is the type of data that is personal (last name, first name, e-mail, phone no., address, company etc.) and is stored only with your consent, in special fields. Octopus Translations is committed to use such information solely for informational purposes, so that visitors can find the information they need. Octopus Translations is committed to not disseminate databases of third parties and not use information for purposes other than those listed above.
Octopus Translations may track visitor information using cookies to assist in easy use of the website. A cookie is a small data file that certain websites write to your hard drive when you visit them. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the site uses to track the pages you visit. The only personal details a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself.
Links to other websites
Octopus Translations does not have rights on the sites whose links are provided on its website and do not have internal access to these websites. Therefore, Octopus Translations is not responsible for the privacy policies or other websites. Consequently, please pay attention to the terms and conditions of each site you visit, as they may be different from ours.
Octopus Translations periodically sends news and information about our company activities and the translation industry. Those interested can subscribe by clicking the Join button on our website. Octopus Translations is committed to its subscribers to not send spam, not sell or transfer information to third parties. Those who no longer wish to receive this newsletter can unsubscribe by simply pushing a button at the end of each mail.
The security of information on the site is of great importance for us. For this reason, we do everything in order to assure a high degree of control regarding data and to regularly check the data so that we are able to prevent any attempt of loss, modification or unauthorized access. Octopus Translations utilizes a specialized data protection systems. However, no system can be absolutely secure.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning you is collected to allow us to provide our Services, as well as for the following purposes:
- For service procurement, to maintain the contractual relationship, as well as the management, administration, notification, provision and improvement of service.
- Sending requested information relative to the services we provide.
- Remitting newsletters, as well as commercial communications about promotions and/or publicity.
We remind you that you can opt out of receiving all means of commercial communications in any moment, by sending an email to the address provided at the beginning of this document. In the eventuality that you do not facilitate your data, or if you do so in an erroneous or incomplete way, we will be unable to attend your request, resulting in the failure to provide you with the requested information or to terminate a service contract.
How long will we keep your personal data?
The personal data provided will be kept as long as commercial relations are maintained or until you request their erasure, and during the period in which legal responsibilities may be derived from the services provided.